|Sites I Like|
|Web sites that I like.|
|FeedbackBy Preston Hunt, 23 February 2003|
- TV Tome
- All the info you need on any television show.
- Provides usernames and passwords for sites that require registration; handy right-click menu for Firefox/Mozilla users.
- Send an SMS text message to any cell phone with this handy web site.
- Java SSH
- Java-based SSH client lets you run ssh without installing anything on your computer; great for kiosks.
- Proton Radio
- Great techno web radio station. Recommend by Lyza.
- Provides free POP-able e-mail accounts. For a small one-time fee, you can get very reasonable storage space and ad-free e-mails. Since Yahoo no longer allows you to POP your e-mail for free, I would recommend going with these guys.
- Look up the tax history, crime rates, and much much more for any street address in the Portland metropolitan area.
- No matter how far we've come, every now and then a situation arises where you need an old MS-DOS 6.22 boot disk. This site has a great collection of old and current bootdisks for every conceivable OS.
- Google News
- Google continuously sweeps every available news source and provides a snapshot of the top news at any given time. What's not to like?
- Online Homebase
- A neat and simple online calendar and notepad. Handy for firing it up and jotting down some notes. Also features some innovative ways to send yourself reminds on your cell phone.
- Brilliant idea. I use it all the time.
- Site that helps you reduce unwanted junk mail, telemarketing calls, and spam. Check out their Declare section.